Wednesday 20 April 2011

Gravel Pit

I mentioned in a previous post how I’ve been blinding a slice of white into my wardrobe, and the colour has now made a literal footprint in my path. My recently adopted asos trainers buckle all the laid back rage of Alexander Wang, looking military with a basketball slamdunk style. Rather than bleaching out in white though, I’ve been misting it into a gritty grey collection, with light charcoal and cigarette jumpers that are oversized and slouch off the shoulder in a carefree funk. Black and white was designed to amazingly clash, and I can see why. And another designer I came across who revels in gritty grey with an urban summer stamp and swagger is Am Golhar. I love the unconventional knits that have bullethole designs, and the playful snoods that snake around the neck. The art to wearing heavy-ish knits in the spring is to wear them oversized, twisting them into shorts or slouched trousers like the inspired Am Golhar. To see more of the collection head to http://am-golhar.com/



18 comments:

  1. For me white trainers with a dark grey or black outfit always was a no-go. But I'm surprised now how good it matches. Or better to say don't matches to make the outfit look superstylish.
    Great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. - perfect look, the white shoes gives the outfit a wicked

    http://alabasterlover.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. It´s perfect the look, so trendy.. ^^
    Bye

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the scarves in the pictures and your oversize sweater!;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the bulky knitwear! Once I had my mother knit me this bulky sweater in olive green, i put it on and looked like Kermit the frog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE the oversized jumper!!

    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a sucker for oversized and chunky knit clothing. That may be because I experience cold weather more often than the typical individual. Great post, Charleston!

    P.S. I love your necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I might just have to steal that chunky knit off you....hmmm
    perfect and your images are way more interesting than the model ones xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. 5th outfit is the best , i think. i followed u.

    ReplyDelete
  10. lovin' your blog!! we follow you from Bilbao, Spain.
    Besos, Virginia!

    www.clotildecontilde.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing sweaters, I want them all!

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's nice to see a man who's really into fashion. That's kinda rare I think, but I like it. Nice outfit btw :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. i love the look. it's very trying not to look gorgeous but failing :)

    xx,
    betz
    Empire State of Heart

    ReplyDelete
  14. awesome look as usual man! not sure if you remember my blog mrinsomniac?? i did the illustrations :) but i will deff be following! cant wait for new posts from you! I recently just started my own blog you should check it out and tell me what you think?

    http://theivesandmartyrs.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete