Monday 17 January 2011

Who Gives A Wang

Last year I plucked the petals and courage to populate my wardrobe with a subtle flare of florals. Designer Frankie Morello exploded the print in electric shock manner and 80's attitude into full body suits, shooting colour all across the male framework. It was a bold and playful idea, but like a rose, it was beautiful and a little sharp to the touch and tastes for everyday. So my attention has turned to Alexander Wang, whose t-shirts practically melt to the eye with the minimalist draping. I love the urban attitude that comes from the spring simplicity, and it's been one of the materials I've recently been dipping into. Prada also encourage construction-free tops in their collections that's just as impressive. And take the t-shirt I'm wearing below, where the flower pattern mists almost invisibly like the design is being seen underwater. I like to think it's another floral introduction and stemmed twist to the ever blossoming male wardrobe.







25 comments:

  1. great inspo. I love your style

    The Flower Girl

    thebohemiangoods.blogspot.com

    X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures!
    Your shoes are great!


    Marc.

    http://vicissitudinilombarde.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your t-shirt. it's great. and oh wang, he is such a true genius. can't wait for his next collection. he always brings it!
    have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  4. great inspiration and great look! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I've just realized I wasn't following your awesome blog, but I am now!!! :)

    LOVE your take on petals! Looks superb!

    http://myfashioninsider.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so in love with this shirt and paired with those fantastic red shoes :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. such a great post!

    http://pinklemonincrystal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love;
    -the guys tattoos
    -the hairstyles for Prada
    -your red bag!

    awesome post!

    jaimecj.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving the t-shirt on you. I also am really obsessed with the color red right now. :)

    lahomme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for your lovely comment!
    Your blog is le amazing <3
    Following you!
    Follow me?
    http://cutenerdglasses.blogspot.com/
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  11. thanks charlie!
    have to say the same!

    ReplyDelete
  12. love the word: blossoming
    perfect article my dearest

    ReplyDelete
  13. Florals and pink work so much better on guys, as you've just proved. I love your unique style. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. ♥ the title of this Post ! :-)

    I definitely could not get away with a floral shirt (....or could I..?) But, there is something Hedi Slimane cool about it on you... ☆

    And, ♥ your 'sci-fi romantic' comment on my Blog → Awesome imagination! Grazie...

    http://www.sprezza2raw.com/

    Brad

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm not so sure, I think your particular print is not dissimilar from a top I own... but the idea of florals on men as a concept isn't something I'd throw away! Perhaps you could experiment more with smaller print? Paisley even... more abstract and I could like it. This is meant to be constructive criticism, not an insult of course :) jazzy ♥

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love that floral top with the bright bag

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the pop of red with that outfit and you picked perfectly appropriate florals :)
    www.thewardrobediaries.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love it, wonderful print. Great inspiration images :)
    xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love love love that tee, C! Keep it coming! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. love the neutral colours with the pop of red in the accessories, Alexander Wang's aesthetic is gorgeous,

    Charlyx

    http://x-whatiworetoday-x.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. thanks yet again everyone for the great feedback. will check out all of your blogs when i can

    ReplyDelete