Sunday 3 October 2010

Aran Flashback

With a splinter chill in the air, grandad jumpers have reversed their old age to become freshly in use again by me. This year though I don't just want to rely on a kooky retro print to carry off the thick knit; instead I've looked for ways of layering such jumpers without looking like a suffocated 'winter-phobic.' Carolina Herrera skilfully silhouettes fuzzy jumpers for sharp city professionals, while 830 Sign enhance the texture with inside out and metallic cobweb threads. But to really transform and test the aran knit that I hold comfort in, I've taken inspiration from upcoming designer Domingo Rodriguez, wearing an asymmetric jacket over it that lightning strikes in unconventional angles. The snow white of the aran knit clashes boldly with the black jacket to create a comforting juxtaposition. Let me know what you all think, and if you've found new ways of wearing retro jumpers in a modern way.








26 comments:

  1. I love the drapey jacket. damnnnn x

    ReplyDelete
  2. SERIOUS fab photos...and you look great!!!


    Stop by and say Hello ♥
    Statements in Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome photos!
    i love the second and last look!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you look amazing as always, charlie ♥

    x ingrid

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving the drape on your jacket, fabulous layering you always style your outfits perfectly, great pics too xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, this is Aria from 2treasurehuntsblog

    I recently tagged you in an award post :)
    You can check it out here:
    http://2treasurehuntsblog.blogspot.com/

    Also there is a “award badge” to copy and place on your blog if you like.
    & I have posted a link to your blog.

    Congratulations!!
    ♡ Aria

    ReplyDelete
  7. i think i've said this before but I love how you layer clothes. Love how the maroon tee is peeking out. Great bag by the way.


    clothes are cute

    ReplyDelete
  8. just discovered. how cute are you!

    ginaespo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. great photos! i really love that jacket

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh i'm so glad you managed to find such a great jacket! i love all the layering here xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. nice outfit!! love ur style :)

    Bonnie
    coffee-bonnie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the jacket! Completely transforms the look

    ReplyDelete
  13. love this look... the red bag is the perfect touch ;) i also love the cape :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Men have such fabulous fashion for the fall. Kind of makes me wish I could be in a guy's shoes this season. ;) I love these outfits. The cape just takes my breath away.

    ReplyDelete
  15. He there!! You're fab! That's why i posted one of your looks on my blog....come check it out www.cluecult.com

    miss scarlet

    ReplyDelete
  16. i love the mix of textures and chunky knits. they're so romantically fall.

    http://www.benchesandchandeliers.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love all the pics. You're hear is amazing and I want the red bag LOL


    kisses from Brazil*



    http://www.neopopculture.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. that cape is awsome. as well the red bag ;-)

    www.jaimecj.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. This bag is the coolest. Love the red!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great outfit, love the composition.
    That jacket is the bomb, pulls the whole look together beautifully.(also that cape is fantastic)
    Nice blog, your hair rocks btw.

    ReplyDelete