Monday 1 February 2010

Dark Dukes & Peter Pan

Relating back to my last post, layers of black have cast a silhouette on my style this season. I feel that there's a timeless appeal to the differing effects that drapes can create. For this reason, Ann Demeulemeester has fast become one of my favoured designers, and her current collection continues to inspire and ignite my dark fashion desires.

The models look like outcasts that have come out of the shadows to stand out. There's a stylish carelessness, with cardigans wrapped around the models like snake charmed vines. The blacks are indulgent and almost sticky to the eye, with shaggy feathers and wild trousers looking like clothes possessed from a gothic fantasy novel. What marks this collection and Ann's staple style though is the ability to convey a noble and empowered strength along with the stylishly dishevelled punk grunge persona. The men are exceptionally tailored in a subtle manner, with fitted waistcoats and shirts hidden under the layers. And just when one might tire of an all black silhouette, light mocha capes and sand like drapes acompony the looks, looking like a twisted Sherlock Holmes or a haunted and gothic Peter Pan.








6 comments:

  1. Thank you ~ I've never heard of this designer. These are inspiring me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely adore this runway show! Mmmmmm the idea of these modern day fashion dukes fills me with pleasure! xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. so right on the mark. im going to go for an androgynous look by copying this (i'm a girl)

    ReplyDelete
  4. mmmm in love with all of these gothic-royalty designs.

    ps. I would love it if you had time to check out my newest blog, http://diyainherstilettos.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I came back to the page and realized these are more complex than I even realized. Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Arghhrllllldjadsak I love it too much, TOO much.

    ReplyDelete