Wednesday 2 December 2009

McQ

Alexander McQueen is the King of all things innovative. Pushing the boundaries with visuals, movement, colour, shape and material, his themes always surprise and captivate. I found myself melting into his couture landscape when writing a feature on him for Husk Magazine recently (set to be published in January 2010.) His ready-to-wear menswear is surprisingly low key though in comparison to the avant-garde creations he makes for women of the runway. This isn’t to say the clothes aren’t impressive however. There’s a mix of era’s stitched into the wardrobe, from ‘old school’ blazers, bomber jackets that funnel up to the neck, offbeat ruffles and drapes in the shirts, and even a thick indulgent ski jacket thrown in for unexpected measure. He’ll continue to be the designer I’m always excited about.








2 comments:

  1. I didn't notice the pocket on that suit jacket at first. Now that I do, it's really amazing. I also enjoy the fit of the pants in the first photo. It complements the jacket nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, there's subtle detail stitched into the clothes that make the outfits more couture and adventurous than initially meets the eye. The art of McQueen I'd say! Thanks again for your thoughts on my posts Graham

    ReplyDelete