Tuesday 13 October 2009

Porcelain Queen

Fashion Weeks have strutted into our life for the past month, bringing haute couture, innovation, and scenes from beautiful cities with equally beautiful people. Countless collections inspired me, but I was particularly pleased to see London’s sort of revival. Anna Wintour’s attendance was like fashion royalty approving of the capitals input into the industry, and designers such as Burberry and Christopher Kane were keen to showcase their collections on the runway. What I love most about Britain’s fashion persona though is its sense of heritage and regal quality. Brands such as Burberry take inspiration from traditional hunting, and editorials make use of the whimsical countryside chill. As for the models, Erin O’Connor stands as one of the most elegant yet offbeat faces in my opinion; a quality that personifies the British charm. Her appeal might be unconventional, but the combination of porcelain skin and avant garde poses always takes me breath away. She’s now become an ambassador of sorts for fashion, gracing the red carpets and sitting in the front row of shows to represent the quirky beauty that Britain holds.









3 comments:

  1. I love that last picture, her profile is so striking..

    constance-victoria.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. she makes haute couture even more extravagant. oh I do hope we're as regal as one miss erin when we're older...!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, I totally agree with you! She is so breath taking.

    ReplyDelete